After work yesterday evening we popped to Blithfield Reservoir to observe a Little Stint (lifer 236). The little fella showed well from the causeway at Admaston although it was so tiny and camoflaged amongst the pebbly shoreline that it took some locating at first. There were also 37 Ringed Plover roosting there and 25 Dunlin. At the Deep End there were 24 Black Terns and many Common Terns present, we observed them distantly through the scope. There was a nip of autumn in the air, in fact I was freezing by the time we finshed.
So it looks like summer's all but over then, but things are starting to pick up pace in the birding world, its all exciting again. We're off to East Yorks for five days in September.....I'm counting the days. Till then I'll be mainly visting various local patches in the WMBC area and trying out my new camera, which hopefully should be with me in the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment