Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Glastonbury Festival 2009

Just a few pics from the weekend's festivities...




Trash City



Trash City



A sea of flags at the legendary Pyramid Stage



Madness - a bit dad-ska - The Specials were so much better



Campsites and Stone Circle




Chillaxing on the filthy floor




An emotional Blur close the festival - you could feel the love!

Birds noted on site included Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Whitethroat and Wrens all singing away in the mornings despite all the disturbance, loads of Lesser Black Backed Gulls circling for festival fodder scraps and the usual Somerset Buzzards, one of them enjoying a bit of Dizzee Rascal, as it thermalled lazily over the crowd.

6 comments:

Richard Powell said...

Ooh controversial, Specials better than Madness. As much as I love The Specials, they never did "Night Boat to Cairo".

But what I really love about both bands is that I can dance like Neville Staples and Chas Smash. Just jumping around and waving your arms, great stuff!

NatureStop said...

Nice post.

Kay said...

Sugg's fromage-laden quips between songs were cringey and when they got their families on at the end I thought it a bit over-indulgant - it's Glasto after all, not a family wedding!!

Still their classic numbers were fun, no offence taken I hope Richard.

Kay said...

Thanks NatureStop, great to hear from someone in Oman!

darrell j prest said...

wondeful kay,though i cannot believe you saw the specials instead of lady gaga!!

is this the first birding blog report from glastonbury ever?

Kay said...

Watched a bit of Gaga and her fiery bra on catch up earlier. I'm more convinced than ever that the right decision was made. Still love her though!

I think I saw a Raven over as well but I can't be sure of this as I was under the influence of rather a lot of vodka at the time.