Monday, February 09, 2009

Twitter Ye Not!

I'm only having a go at this micro-blogging malarky. Ladies, gents may I present Bsides_ a kind of mini Brightside on Twitter.com.

Trouble is, there's not many of my local blogging network on there so I'm a bit lonley at the moment. Perhaps see some of you on there? This has great potential for sharing sightings etc and perhaps I might even mini-blog from Scotland in April, provided I can get a moby signal up there.

The Bsides feed appears on the right hand side of the blog as well>>>>>>

6 comments:

Reg Telescope said...

I've looked into this twittering lark, but I confess I don't understand it. Am I right in thinking it allows you to use your mobile to provide short updates to an account?

Bryan Rains said...

Hi Kay you should be ok with mobile signal on Mull but it is patchy in places.

Kay said...

Reg - I don't fully understand it either yet, just thought I'd give it a whirl.

I think you can update via SMS text, but I'll just use it on the net and mobile web, so as not to incur extra expense. I see you have joined up now.

Kay said...

Thanks Big Yin -really looking forward to exploring the wildlife of Mull :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

Found your blog when searching for some keywords "twitter" and "birding".

I have written two manuals on my blog about twitter. Hope you will find them useful.

Twitter for birders, part 1. An introduction. and Twitter for birders part 2. Rare Bird Alerts with Twitter.

Saludos from Peru

Gunnar Engblom

Kay said...

Thanks Gunnar, very useful and interesting articles there.

Chirp Tracker could be huge too!