My day off at last, so this morning I wandered round taking snaps in the snow - something I've had the urge to do all week. Hardly virgin snow now; a lot of this had thawed by the time I'd finished my walk, but many compacted slippy patches remain. We've had snow on the ground since monday now in Brum. I walked around the local playing fields then past Selly Oak Hospital then down to Bournville.
Playing fields on Raddlebarn Road - the white building is St Mary's Hospice

Black Headed Gulls
Playing fields again
Redwing outside hospital
Stocks Wood, Bournville
Blackbird, Bournville
Pied Wagtail outside hospital

9 comments:
Nice pied wag. photo's kay. That's a very Blue looking blackbird!!
Stay warm now.!
Good pics, Kay.
some great photos here kay.to choose a fave is hard,but the wagtails are stunning.
Thanks all, I'm chuffed with the Pied Wag...I've tried before to photograph them, but they're too fast for me! Couldn't believe my luck when this one posed for me :)
Hi Kay,
It is good to go out a bit, even if it is cold. I did it today although the wind was chilly and terrible, but my birding day was not that bad!!!
Yours was also good, isn't it, you got nice shots, especially the pied wagtail!!
I like the redwing !! Great pics all round tho..... What camera do you use ?
Thanks Newton...my camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ50 -its a 'bridge' camera with a zoom lens.
Blimey !! I bought an FZ50 just a couple of weeks ago !! Still not had chance to use it properly yet.... do you have a converter on it ?
You are getting some nice results...
Cheers again Newton! :)
I don't have a tele-converter lens, although I've toyed with the idea of getting one for it.
I hope you enjoy your camera. It's light to carry, easy to use and fits my purposes.
In good light you can get some nice shots if your subject is close.
Look forward to seeing how you get on with yours.
Post a Comment