Some photos from Upton Warren, Stubber's Green and Chasewater.
Curlew at Upton Warren Moors Pool.
There were around 20 present on Friday.

Blackbird. There were about 20 amongst a roving flock of c200 Fieldfare and c70 Redwing at the Warren. I didn't get close enough to the latter species for a photo although Pete got some smashing ones.

The Black Headed Gull was in the usual spot for me to practice on. A Med would do nicely for a change.

Last time I was at Stubbers I'd pondered about this duck. According to sources on Bird Forum it's probably a domestic strain of Mallard known as a Cayuga Duck. It's plumage was iredescent in the morning sunlight, but if it breeds with the locals the results will not be pretty, I'm sure.

Slim pickings with the Gulls there on Saturday Morning (although the Caspo was spotted early afternoon). Four GBBG, 2 Common Gull, 6 Teal, 3 Cormorant and 41 Coot were noted.
Kestrel at Chasewater. Record hovering shot.

Great Crested Grebe

Interesting fungi....


And finally the long staying Great Northern Diver. I wonder if he will moult into breeding plumage before he leaves? Thats presuming he stays the winter.

A total of seventeen Goosander plus several Goldeneye were also noted around the reservoir.
2 comments:
Hi Kay, I love your pictures- what camera do you have now?
Nat
Thank you Natalie. My camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ50, it isn't DSLR, but it has a 12xzoom. I'm pleased with it.
Your new dog is a cutie by the way :)
Post a Comment